Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Monday, April 07, 2008

Is Bravo Out?

This story just completely floored me…

Lifetime announced today that it has picked up “Project Runway” and will air the show’s fifth season beginning in November.

The Weinstein Company, which co-produces the show, announced it has reached a five-year deal with Lifetime.

NBC Universal, which owns Bravo, immediately filed a lawsuit in NY Supreme Court saying it has “continuous rights” to the show, including “a right of first refusal to future cycles of the show.”

Yikes!

You guys know that “Runway” is one of my very favorite shows, so I’ll watch it wherever it is. But I just don’t think the show fits in with Lifetime. And you just know they won’t rerun it as much as Bravo does.

Plus, to be honest, I would really hate for Bravo to lose its signature show.

By the way, “Runway” is cable’s top-rated reality show…