Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"Project Runway": A Difference of Opinion

You’ve probably noticed I haven’t said much about my beloved “Project Runway” since it premiered. But after last week’s episode, I’ve got to say something…

I’ve had more than one disagreement with the judges this season. For example, I hated Victorya’s winning Bitten look. And if you’ve seen it at Steve and Barry’s, you know what I mean (Can you say cheap?).

I didn’t really like Romi’s candy look either and I really thought Jillian should have been rewarded for her innovation.

But Wednesday’s choices really took the cake…

First, the winner. I thought when Victorya was singled out that it was because her dress looked so gawdy with all those cheap-looking jewels. But the judges loved it, with Nina saying it looked like what a “modern” prom dress should look like. Clearly, Nina and I have different opinions on what a prom dress is.

As does Tim Gunn, who said in his blog about Victorya’s dress: “[T]he electric blue textile said ‘superhero’ not prom. Furthermore, the jewel emblazoned panel on the front of the halter made the dress look more appropriate for a hostess at a Vegas cocktail lounge than a teenager attending a suburban prom.”

You’ve gotta love that guy…

Sweet P.’s design was way more elegant and looked much more like an actual prom dress.

But it was the elimination that floored me.

Yes, Kevin’s design was unflattering and looked extremely cheap. But how could they eliminate him before that cry baby Ricky?

I know the judges are supposed to base their decision on that particular challenge and not the competition as a whole. But even that is not a good argument for their choice. Ricky’s dress looked like a pillowcase. The color was blah and the construction was poor and deserved to lose the challenge.

And Kevin had performed well enough to earn a warning instead of flat-out elimination. But I guess they felt only Christian had earned that.

Not that I have a problem with Christian staying. After all, the show would be a lot less “fierce” without him.

I’m not even going to tell you who my favorite is, because they’re sure to be gone as soon as I say…

“Project Runway” airs Wednesdays at 10 p.m. on Bravo…