Stay Tuned
Reviews, previews and much more on "The Real Housewives," "How I Met Your Mother," "NCIS" and many more of your favorite shows. This is the place to talk about all of the things that make us "Stay Tuned"…

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

So what did Sally Field say anyway?

So what exactly did Sally Field say during her acceptance speech that got her censored?

I presumed it was because she was railing on the war, but apparently she also dropped in a curse word…

What she said was, “And let’s face it, if the mothers ruled the world, there would be no godd--- wars in the first place.” Backstage Field admitted she “probably shouldn’t have said the God in front of the d---.” But then she added, “I would’ve liked to have said more bleeped-out words, but that’s life.”

Whatever happened to just saying thank you?

Field was not the only one who was censored by FOX. Remember that I said the director made a mistake during Ray Romano’s monologue? Not so. FOX was censoring Ray’s remark that Kelsey Grammer was now “screwing” his wife (his former TV wife Patricia Heaton, who is co-starring with Grammer in "Back to You").

Though I applaud FOX censoring Field’s unnecessary cursing, I think I would’ve let that one go—especially since they let Brad Garrett and Joely Fisher go on and on about her cleavage…